Editor’s note: This is part of a series of instructions for submitting articles to THISisCarpentry. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ASK.
• • •
We like to use a lot of pictures and images in our articles. And when you send us your pics, we want the hi-res versions, which tend to be pretty large. You won’t be able to email them to us, so you’ll need to use another method.
1. First, you’ll want to create a “Zip file.” This is a single, compressed file that will contain all of your images. (This is much easier than trying to send them all individually.) Simply select the images you want to compress, then right-click on the selection and choose “Compress with Zip.” This will create a file with “.zip” at the end.
2. Now you need to get that .zip file to us. Go to YouSendIt.com, and sign up for a FREE account. Choose the “Lite” plan. That’s the free one.
3. In YouSendIt, click the “SEND” tab at the top of the page. Fill in the “To:” email address.
4. Click the “BROWSE” button, then find and select the .zip file on your computer. The file name should then appear on the YouSendIt page where it says “Select a file”.
5. Click the green “SEND IT” button at the bottom of the page. The website will upload your file and send it off to the email address you entered in Step 3. Once it’s finished, you’ll receive an email notifying you that your file has been sent.
That’s it, you’re done!
Feel free to email Gary if you have any questions:
• • •
Be sure to read our other submission help guides: